Brain injuries can be emotionally and financially devastating. Spouses, parents, and children have to juggle their new roles as caregivers, while victims have to learn to live with disabilities and even altered personalities. Meanwhile, medical bills accumulate, both the victim and their spouse often miss work, and the family struggles to pay household bills.
The brain injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine understand the serious consequences of brain injuries, and we work to help personal injury accident victims and their families. Call our Fort Lauderdale office today for a free case evaluation and explore your options for recovering compensation.
Get Legal Support at No Cost to You
Hiring our personal injury law firm does not have to wait or add to the financial aftermath of your accident. Our personal injury law firm will represent you on a contingency-fee basis. This fee structure means we will:
- Conduct an initial review of your case
- Absorb your case’s filing costs and related fees
- Cover the cost of expert witnesses
- Represent you if your case goes to trial
Fighting for fair and appropriate compensation matters to every member of our team. If we do not recover damages for you, you do not owe us anything.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, 800-747-3733
You Can Seek Compensation for Your Damages in Florida
Some people with traumatic brain injuries require months of in-patient care after their accidents and regular ongoing care for the rest of their lives. The costs of treatment and rehabilitation for moderate and severe brain injuries can quickly grow into seemingly insurmountable debt. Some brain injury victims suffer from permanent disabilities and never return to work.
If someone was responsible for your injury, you can seek recovery for these and other damages, including:
- Medical bills: Emergency care, surgeries, rehabilitation and therapy, medication, specialist visits, and more
- Future and ongoing care:The estimated cost of future medical expenses
- Lost wages: For paychecks you missed at work during your recovery
- Reduced earning capacity: If you will earn less in the future due to your condition
- Pain and suffering: Reflecting the physical pain of your injuries
- Emotional distress: Reflecting the emotional hardships involved with your injuries
- Wrongful death-related damages: The cost of your late loved one’s funeral, end-of-life healthcare costs, and other related expenses
How Much Your Brain Injury Case Could Be Worth
The ultimate value of your case will vary based on how the injury has affected your health, finances, and life. The factors that influence your settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The impact the accident has had on your ability to work
- How much your medical care costs (and will cost in the future)
- How severely the injury has impacted your emotional well-being
It is challenging to estimate the value of your case on your own. We can tell you more about what a fair value would look like for your case after we conduct a thorough investigation into your situation.
Your Time to Seek Financial Compensation in Court Is Limited
Florida outlines how long you have to file a lawsuit after suffering a negligence-related injury. Consider the following:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally four years if you or someone you love was injured in an accident, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
- The medical malpractice statute of limitations is generally two years if a loved one suffered a brain injury due to a healthcare provider’s actions, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(b).
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of your loved one’s passing, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Non-compliance with the statute of limitations could put your right to file a lawsuit at risk, which could leave you with no legal ability to seek compensation. Our law firm will ensure your potential lawsuit is filed on time if an insurance settlement isn’t feasible.
Fort LauderdaleBrain Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Filing a Claim or Lawsuit in Fort Lauderdale When Someone Else Hurts You
If you or someone in your family suffered a brain injury as a result of another party’s unreasonable actions, our brain injury attorneys can seek the maximum amount available to you under the law.
We will often begin your case as an insurance claim. Keep in mind that:
- In many brain injury cases, we can help you negotiate a settlement for your medical bills and other related expenses without having to go to court.
- If the insurance company denies your claim or refuses to offer a fair settlement, we can discuss taking further legal action to recover the compensation you need.
Filing a lawsuit in civil court often provides the encouragement necessary to get an insurance company to negotiate.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Do You Need a Lawyer to File a Brain Injury Claim in Fort Lauderdale?
While there is no law that says you need a brain injury lawyer, you may want to consider the benefits of working with our team. During a time when you’re still healing from your injury, you may want someone who can manage the claims process from beginning to end.
- Analyze your case and determine the full value of your claim
- Collect the police report, eyewitness statements, and other evidence in your case
- Determine liability for your brain injury
- Negotiate a settlement from the liable party (or parties)
- Fight for the maximum payout available in your case
- Ensure your case complies with any deadlines to file a lawsuit in Florida
Brain injury cases can be especially complicated, especially if your injury was caused by medical malpractice. You don’t have to worry about the legal details when we are working for you.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Will Go the Extra Mile for You
At our firm, we go the extra mile for your case. We will handle every aspect of your claim or lawsuit in pursuit of the best possible outcome.
We want you to rest assured knowing that we will:
- Keep you in the loop with regular updates on your case
- Give you your attorney’s phone number
- Answer your questions
- Help you arrange important appointments
Your brain injury has already harmed you enough. We want to support you through the complexities of your case and handle the legal details so you can recover.
Fort Lauderdale Brain InjuryYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
What Role does Negligence Play in Brain Injury Cases?
Most brain injury cases hinge on negligence. Before we can file an insurance claim or civil suit, we need to collect evidence to show the at-fault party acted negligently. This requires proving:
- They owed a certain duty to protect you from danger.
- They failed to uphold this duty.
- You suffered a brain injury.
- This caused you physical, emotional, or financial damages.
For example, imagine your brain injury occurred in a car accident. Other drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws and act in a reasonable manner. If another driver runs a red light and smashes into the side of your vehicle, they are responsible for any injuries you suffer, including your traumatic brain injury.
What Are the Common Causes of Fort Lauderdale Brain Injuries?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 223,000 people were hospitalized for brain injuries in 2019. A year later in 2020, nearly 176 people died each day from brain injuries.
The CDC lists some of the most common causes of brain injuries:
- Car accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Boating accidents
- Violence, including gunshots, assaults, and child abuse
Types of Brain Injuries That May Qualify for Compensation
Whether you face a so-called minor brain injury or a brain injury that will affect your daily life well into the future, we can help you seek compensation. According to Healthline, examples of brain injuries include:
- Concussions: Even though a concussion is often deemed to be a less severe brain injury, it can still entail costly diagnostic testing, require missed days at work during recovery, and lead to permanent damage if you’ve had multiple concussions.
- Skull fractures: A fracture results from a direct blow to the skull and can result in severe brain damage.
- Diffuse axonal injuries: This is one of the most severe brain injuries, causing substantial damage to brain cells and swelling in the brain. This injury can result in permanent brain damage or death.
If you don’t see your brain injury listed here, we can still seek compensation on your behalf.
A Brain Injury Can Lead to More Than Just Medical Bills
Traumatic brain injuries vary widely based on the severity and the location of the injury. Depending on the type of impact to the brain, injuries can be mild, moderate, or severe. Some people suffer only a few days or weeks of headaches, dizziness, and other minor symptoms.
Others, however, experience confusion, memory loss, vomiting or nausea, seizures, and slurred speech–– and those are just the early symptoms associated with a serious brain injury. The lasting effects of a traumatic brain injury can be pervasive. They often include changes in:
- Physical and cognitive abilities
- Sensory reactions
- Behavioral and emotional mannerisms
Especially in moderate and severe brain injuries, the victim’s ability to return to work, care for themselves, and live independently may be in doubt. The stress of the injury, paired with changes in personality, can also cause relationship problems. We can seek compensation for the long-term effects a brain injury has had—and will have—on your life.
See What Previous Clients Have To Say About Our Law Firm
Our testimonials page is packed with referrals and recommendations from clients we’ve helped in the past. When they tell others about our commitment, they say the following:
- Baldo L.: I can honestly say these guys don’t mess around. They were very compassionate and made everything go as smoothly as possible…If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, I highly recommend Ron Vinogard from the law office of Anidjar & Levine
- Kharmen W.: Anidjar &Levine is a great law firm. They gave us a free consultation over the phone, and we were able to resolve our case easily…I would highly recommend this law firm to those struggling with finding the right law firm. Keep up the good work guys!
In addition to supporting every client and case we represent, we also support our community through agencies like the Broward Sheriff’s Foundation, Kids in Distress, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).
Our Fort Lauderdale Team Will Review Your Brain Injury Case for Free
The Fort Lauderdale brain injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine frequently represent clients seeking compensation for losses related to traumatic brain injuries. We understand the laws that affect brain injury victims and can get to work for you today.
For a free case review, call our team now.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW